All this food tightly packed in a styrofoam container cost $10 and fed 3 hungry adults with leftovers to boot.
Mayuri Indian Cuisine is located in a strip mall in Reston, Virginia.
The place doesn’t look like much but their food is authentic and the buffet is truly value for money. Their lunch buffet costs only $10 and features over 35 different items.
The food didn’t have names so we just got what looked familiar and good.
Aside from the styrofoam container we were also given a plastic container which we used for the scrumptious mango dessert.
My cousin in law who’s the expert did the packing of food. Look at the pictures and learn.
1. Place wet dishes in the compartments. This was spicy and tender goat curry.
Next was the super delicious butter chicken.
2. Top the saucy dishes with Indian flat bread to create the base for the second layer. Smart huh?
3. Pile on the dry dishes. That’s chili chicken. Good but too spicy for me.
4. Throw in some vegetable pakora and another chicken dish which I really liked since it wasn’t spicy.
5. At home transfer each dish to individual containers.
My favorites were the butter chicken and the fried veggies.
It was a really amazing how much food he was able to fit in one square container. We were all so full and had the leftovers the next day.
Last time it was my cousin La who packed the takeout box and it wasn’t as full but she got some fantastic chicken biryani and put the curry in the plastic container. Next time I go back I want to try my hand at packing the box!
Mayuri Indian Cuisine
2316 Hunters Wood plaza
Reston, VA 20191
telephone: (703) 860-4999